If endurance touring is your thing (and it is for more and more people) then the Atomic Backland Ultimate boot is for you. It’s Backland’s leaner, meaner younger brother, incredibly light with loads of movement. In fact it weighs in at just 750g a boot, making it the lightest Atomic have ever made. It also has a crazy 80° range of movement. Combined with the smooth natural movement of the Frictionless Pivot and single opening/closing mechanism, it feels like a hiking boot.
Atomic Backland Ultimate Boot Features:
- Epic Natural Movement
- Single open/close movement
- Washable, breathable speed liner
- Ultralight Endurance Construction
- Memory Fit: quick heat-fitting technology in the shell, cuff and liner that offers 100% personalization in a matter of minutes.
- Breathable Backland Platinum Liner with heat moldable Ultralon™ foam. Hand Washable, Laces Included, Extra Support in Calf Area and Tongue.
- The Free/Lock 3.0 Walk Mode offers a 80˚ range of motion for skinning and climbing and 13-15 degrees of forward lean for skiing.
- Frictionless Pivot made with polymer bushings reduce resistance and add durability for completely natural movement and effortless ascents.
- Cross Lace Buckle System distributes pressure evenly over foot.
- Rockered rubber sole.
- Compatible with tech bindings only.
- True Flex
- Memory Fit
- Carbon Spine
- Grilamid Shell
- Free/Lock 3.0
- Frictionless Pivot
- Platinum Speed Liner
- Skywalk Rubber Sole