The Dynafit Beast 98 ski was developed for descent-oriented ski tourers who seek downhill performance in the backcountry combined with an easy-handling ski for the climb. This model has a full ABS sidewall as well as an ash-poplar wood core for edge grip and stability and torsional rigidity. Its wood core is responsive and lends the model outstanding damping and rebound properties, despite its light weight.
Weighing in at 1,530 grams (size 177), the Beast 98 is a touring ski even for middle-distance and long climbs. Athletic ski tourers can thus save their energy for the descent. This ski has Double Ellipse Rocker construction. Its construction works with variable edge lengths — depending on the ski’s edge angle — and ensures optimum control and maneuverability in the backcountry. In addition, the “Ride Tip” — a carbon core in the shovel — optimizes vibration and damping properties.
Dynafit Beast 98 Features:
- Double Ellipse Rocker: Two elliptical curves work in tandem to get varying edge lengths ideal for each situation
- Constant Characteristics: Unrivalled interaction between rocker length and sidecut according to ski length. This unparalleled interplay guarantees consistent properties at every ski length when ski touring.
- Full Sidewall: Using impact-resistant ABS along the entire length of the ski edge from the steel edge to the top coating guarantees maximum force absorption, for example when skiing over rocks or stones. In addition, direct binding-to-ski power transfer at the edge is optimised thanks to this design.
- Single Radius: Harmonious sidecut to guarantee balanced skiing qualities
- Ski Core: Ash Poplar Ride Core
- Weight: 1450 g
- Dimension: 124-96-115
- Radius: 17 m
- Weight: 1530 g
- Dimension: 125-97-116
- Radius: 19